May 26, 2006

Randomness Part Uh...437

My neighbors and I have adopted an outside cat...we share her. I have named her Emma. She worships me.

Ron White is going to be at the Pearl River Resort Saturday, June 3rd...SATURDAY. OK...my comps are only for WEEKDAYS...bloody hell. But, as he likes to say, "I believe if life gives you lemons....make lemonade. Then find someone with vodka and have yourself a party!!" Ron...you rule. Pass the smirnoff.

I have dyed my hair...again. I bought "Warm Golden Brown." Instead...it's dark chestnut brown with auburn highlights. And it's fabulous. I know you're jealous. Don't try to hide it.

Anderson Cooper's new book, Dispatches From The Edge is out now. It's basically in a nutshell supposed to be his memoir. OK. I like Anderson. I don't have any reason to DISLIKE him. He's been getting some beatings from certain media outlets that his book really can't be considered a memoir because he doesn't talk about his personal life...i.e. being gay. He does, however, talk about his father's death. He also talks about how his brother threw himself off of his mother's (Gloria Vanderbilt) penthouse balcony right in front of her. For a guy that started out as a freelance journalist traveling around the world trying to show people the CRAP that goes on...I think we need to cut the guy a friggin break already.

Sometimes things happen. And it may be a good thing or a bad thing...doesn't matter what "thing." And you may be scared. Because you may have been through it before, and you're scared of getting hurt or burned or lost or turned away or "we can't help this time" or just scared. Or you may be starting a new chapter in your life...or maybe your world SEEMS turned upside down...or maybe your days seem to be running together. Or maybe you're just tired. But this thing that's happening...whatever it may be...don't look back. Don't ask why. Don't analyze. Because it won't get you anywhere. Remember that great achievements, great opportunities, great love, great outcomes, great happiness........sometimes involve great risk. Go ahead and risk it...what if you get hit by an asteroid tomorrow?

If someone calls you a pathetic loser...THEY are the pathetic loser...no matter what the situation.

I really am going to quit smoking............really...............I am.

I own about 423,567 candles, and I don't ever light them.

I own about 423,566 pairs of flip flops, and I alternate wearing only 2 pair of them. Unless it's a special occasion of course...then I break out the stash.

I own 1 dress...and I never....ever....EVER wear it. And that doesn't phase me one single itsy bitsy bit. If it bothers you....call Anderson Cooper.

I had a nightmare once about Bruce Willis chasing me through a haunted house naked...HE was naked, not me. And let me tell ya...it was not a pretty sight. I had seen a movie with him in a POOL.....NAKED....ok...and then my cousin was telling me a story about her getting chased through the haunted house at the very end by the chainsaw guy. SO naturally, that night...I had a nightmare that naked Bruce (with cold water flapping winkie) was running after me through a haunted house! This was seriously, like, 4 years ago that I had this dream. I am still to this day traumatized by it. And now you are too.


Party on Wayne.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that you were a Ron White fan. But, thinking about it, I really can't say that I am surprised. I love his Tater Salad routine. (This weekend in B'ham. Jeff Dunham is playing. Aimes and me caught him a couple of years ago. He was great.) So, who else do you like in the comedic world? Love ya, J. in Pelham

Anonymous said...

Ohhh. bRUCE WilliS..