July 17, 2006

My View On Rain

I can honestly say that for the first time in my life I've reached the point where I feel like I have some sort of grasp on what I want. Meaning...what I want for myself in terms of life, love...everything. And yes, I'm sure that those things will change...ebb and flow, but the basic principles have been formed. And I believe that I can chalk that up to the fact that I have been sitting on my tush for a year and a half now........thinking. And thinking.....and umm...thinking some more. I guess I am wanting to rant a little about love...or the pursuit of it...or maybe not love exactly...but companionship. Because really...who really WANTS to be alone? I mean, sure...we all want to be by ourselves sometimes. Some of us more than others. But who wants to be alone? Not me. I know people...ok, a lot of people that can't stand to be single for one moment. The second they break up with someone, they are immediately in a new relationship. I'm not talking about dating around. I'm talking they are in a committed serious relationship....immediately. Not even a month goes by. There's some "alone" issues for ya. But we all want love...or more specifically to BE loved. And I can't say this for the guys out there, but I know for us girls...we want that butterfly feeling. But that doesn't really cover it. We want that rush...we want that feeling that every time you are near us the air is a little more electric. We want our toes to curl just a little bit with that kiss. Think that only happens in high school? Think again. And you know what? SCREW that whole thing about "you don't have to have that to have a great relationship." You know what? OK...no, you don't HAVE to have it. But it sure as hell is nice. I just don't understand why we get so caught up in the psychology of it all. I'm guilty of it myself. And it's good to keep your eyes open. It's good to know what you're getting yourself into. But whatever happened to good ole feelings? "They" say that things never happen like they do in the movies...you know, those frantic scenes where the guy grabs the girl in the pouring down rain and kisses her. She thought he didn't care about her...but all along he was madly in love with her. Or maybe they just couldn't keep their hands off each other. Well, why the hell CAN'T it happen like that? That's what I want to know. I want to know what happened to us. I want to know what happened when we "grew up." Why it became "foolish" for us to think about kissing in the rain. Why it became silly for men to be romantic and say sweet things to women. I want to know when relationships, dating, marraige, men and women became a damn GAME. That's what I want to know. It's become jealousy and mistrust and the grass may be greener on the other side. So many people have hardened their hearts. No one wants to kiss in the rain anymore. It's all about insecurities and where it will lead and what better thing may come along. Whatever. I'm dunzo. The game sucks. I just want a best friend who will kiss in the rain and not make fun of me if I snort when I laugh at some silly joke...and may even laugh with me. I'm not going to change my views on it just because some "grown up" wants to tell me that it's not realistic. There are still kisses in the rain to be had. I can wait.

No comments: